Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Braised Chile-Spiced Short Ribs with Black Beans
- 1 pound dried black beans (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 8 cups water
- 1 Turkish or 1/2 California bay leaf
- 1 1/4 ounces dried ancho chiles (3 to 4 medium)
- 2 cups boiling-hot water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped canned chipotles in adobo plus 1 tablespoon sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons molasses (not robust or blackstrap)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 1/3 cups cold water, divided
- 5 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 pound sliced bacon, chopped
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- Accompaniments: chopped white or red onion; chopped cilantro
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?