Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Braised Celery with Crunchy Bread Crumb Topping
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 head celery (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1 large shallot or 1 small yellow onion, finely minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or dry white vermouth
- 1 cup chicken stock, homemade (page 448) or store-bought (hs note: I used a veg. stock)
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Gruyere, or half Gruyere and half Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh bread crumbs made from day-old rustic white bread
Directions:View on 101 Cookbooks
Why don't we display directions?