Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Braised Brisket with Beans and Ancho Chile Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds beef brisket, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 medium yellow onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 4 dried ancho chiles, rehydrated, seeded, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup seeded and coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup red wine
- 4 cups (1 quart) beef broth
- 1 cup yellow Indian woman beans or similar small brown beans such as pinto or anasazi
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh epazote (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
Directions:View on Chow
Why don't we display directions?