Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Braised Beef with Pears and Fresh Ginger
- 6 pounds meaty beef neck bones
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus additional for brushing
- 5 cups chopped onions (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 1/2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 3 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 6 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 10 whole fresh Italian parsley sprigs plus chopped for garnish
- 6 large fresh thyme sprigs
- 5 large fresh rosemary sprigs
- 4 Turkish bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons juniper berries*
- 2 pig's feet, split in half lengthwise
- 8 cups beef broth (preferably organic)
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 large ripe unpeeled Bartlett pears, halved, cored, each half cut into 4 wedges
- *Available in the spice section of most supermarkets.
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?