Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Brains and Barley Stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds human flesh (brains, skin and meat), cut into 1/2" pieces OR 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 large carrots, sliced into thick rounds
- 4 large stalks celery, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1-14 1/2 ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 4 cups beef (or human) broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup uncooked medium pearl barley
Directions:View on Back to Her Roots
Why don't we display directions?