Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Blood Orange Polenta Upside-Down Cake with Whipped Crème Fraîche
- 7 tablespoons sugar, divided, plus 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, divided
- 3 unpeeled small to medium blood oranges
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons unbleached all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons polenta or coarse yellow cornmeal (preferably stone-ground)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 6 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 cup chilled crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Ovenproof 10-inch-diameter skillet with 2 1/2-inch-high sides
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?