Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Black-eyed pea and chorizo soup
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound Mexican chorizo, removed from casing and crumbled
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 15 oz. canned diced fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1 or 2 canned chipotle chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 6 cups cooked black-eyed peas in liquid or three 15-ounce cans of black-eyed peas
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro plus more for garnishing
- 2 cups pepper Jack, shredded (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 2 tablespoon lime juice plus lime wedges for garnishing
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Sour cream for garnishing
Directions:View on Homesick Texan
Why don't we display directions?