Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Black Sea Bass Baked in a Salt Crust
- 2 each fresh black sea bass, about 1 1/4 pounds (upto 1 1/2 ) - whole, bone-in, head on
- To stuff the fish:
- 1/2 small leek, very thinly sliced and washed (youcan substitute onion)
- 1/2 lemon, very thinly sliced
- 1 thumb-size piece fresh ginger, peeled and verythinly sliced
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt Crust:
- 10 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 8 cups Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup water (approximately)
- 1 black olive for the eyes
- To serve:
- Lemon wedges
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Italian parsley or other herbs to garnish the platter
Directions:View on PBS Food
Why don't we display directions?