Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Black Pepper Tofu
- 1 3/4 lbs firm tofu
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Cornstarch to dust the tofu
- 11 tbsp butter
- 12 small shallots (12 ounces in total), thinly sliced
- 8 fresh red chiles (fairly mild ones), thinly sliced
- 12 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 3 tbsp sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 4 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp coarsely crushed black peppercorns (use a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder)
- 16 small and thin green onions, cut into 1 1/4-inch segments
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?