Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Black Forest Cake
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for buttering cake pan
- 1/2 cup (2 1/2 ounces) unbleached all-purpose flour plus more for dusting cake pan
- 1/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa
- Pinch of salt
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (4 3/4 ounces) superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) kirsch
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups
- , drained, or a 24-ounce jar sour cherries such as morello or amarena
- 8 fresh cherries with stems (optional)
- About 2 1/2 ounces dark chocolate (at least 60% cacao) in a single block
- About 1/2 cup ground dark chocolate (at least 60% cacao) or chocolate cookie crumbs
- Powdered sugar for dusting
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?