Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Black Beans (Frijoles Negros) Recipe
- 4 cups dried black beans (about 1 pound, 12 ounces)
- 1/4 cup small dice smoked bacon
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and small dice
- 1 medium celery stalk, small dice
- 1 medium red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, cut into small dice
- 1 medium jalapeo, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1/2 medium poblano chile, stemmed, seeded, cut into small dice
- 1/2 medium red onion, small dice
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons whole coriander seeds, toasted and finely ground
- 4 teaspoons whole cumin seeds, toasted and finely ground
- 2 quarts low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth (8 cups)
- 1 bay leaf
Directions:View on Chow
Why don't we display directions?