Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Black-Eyed Peas with Potatoes and Tamarind
- 1 1/3 cups dried black-eyed peas
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 - 4 tablespoons ghee or oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 4 - 6 fresh green chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- pinch of asafoetida
- 2 firm medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tamarind pulp (remove any seeds)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley or coriander, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, roasted or boiled and cut into small cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, or to taste
Directions:View on Lisa's Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?