Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Big beef in red wine pie
- 1kg braising steaks , cut into large chunks
- large sprig of fresh thyme
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 1 star anise , optional, but add if you have
- 750ml bottle cheap red wine
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 sticks celery , chopped
- 1 large onion , chopped
- 6 large carrots , cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves , chopped
- pinch golden caster sugar
- 3 tbsp plain flour , plus extra for dusting
- 1 heaped tbsp tomato pure
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 500g block shortcrust or puff pastry , preferably all butter
- 1 egg , beaten
- flaky sea salt
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?