Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Best Beef Stew
- 2 medium garlic cloves , minced or pressed through garlic press (about 2 teaspoons)
- 4 anchovy fillets , finely minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 boneless beef chuck-eye roast (about 4 pounds), trimmed of excess fat, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion , halved and cut from pole to pole into 1/8-inch-thick slices (about 2 cups)
- 4 medium carrots , peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 ounces salt pork , rinsed of excess salt
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes , scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pearl onions , thawed
- 2 teaspoons unflavored powdered gelatin (about 1 packet)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup frozen peas , thawed
- Table salt and ground black pepper
- Directions1. Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 300 degrees. Combine garlic and anchovies in small bowl; press with back of fork to form paste. Stir in tomato paste and set mixture aside.
Directions:View on Framed Cooks
Why don't we display directions?