Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Beef bourguignon cottage pie
- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 200g pack bacon lardons
- 900g braising steaks , cut into 3cm chunks
- 225g button mushrooms
- 225g button onions or small shallots , peeled
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar
- 600ml red wine
- 400g can beef consomm (or use 400ml/14floz beef stock)
- 1-2 tbsp cornflour , loosened with 1-2 tbsp red wine or water
- 1kg medium, floury potatoes , preferably Maris Piper or Desire, quartered
- 50g unsalted butter
- 100ml milk
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?