Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Beef Stew with Potatoes and Carrots
- 5 pounds boneless beef chuck (not lean), cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 carrots, quartered
- 3 celery ribs, quartered
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1 head garlic, halved crosswise
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (750-ml) bottle dry red wine (about 3 3/4 cups)
- 2 Turkish bay leaves or 1 California
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 3 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 1/2 pounds small white boiling potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots
- Equipment: a wide 6-to 8-quart heavy pot with a tight-fitting lid
- Accompaniment: crusty bread
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?