Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Beef Shank and Sausage Rag with Whole Grain Spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds hot Italian sausages, casings removed
- 3 1/2 to 3 3/4 pounds 1 1/2-inch-thick beef shanks with bone (about 3 pieces)
- 5 cups chopped onions (about 3 large)
- 2 28-ounce cans diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 750-ml bottle dry red wine
- 8 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds multi-grain or whole grain spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup (packed) freshly grated Parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?