Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Beef Pasties with Caramelized Onions and Stilton Cheese
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening (preferably nonhydrogenated), frozen
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 7 tablespoons (or more) ice water
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 10 ounces skirt steak, cut crosswise on diagonal into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt, divided
- 6 ounces coarsely crumbled Stilton blue cheese (11/3 to 11/2 cups), divided
- 1 large egg white, beaten to blend
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?