Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Beef Barley Soup with Wild Mushrooms and Parsnips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds assorted fresh wild mushrooms (such as crimini and oyster), sliced
- 3/4 pound onions, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 1/2 pounds center-cut beef shank slices (about 3/4 to 1 inch thick)
- 8 cups canned beef broth
- 7 cups water
- 1 1/4 pounds red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound carrots, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 3/4 cups pearl barley (about 9 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups canned crushed tomatoes with added puree
- 2 3/4-ounce packages dried porcini mushrooms*, brushed clean of any grit, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?