Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Bass with Herbed Rice and Coconut-Vegetable Chowder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeo chile with seeds
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 cups canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15.2-ounce bottle fresh carrot juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped palm sugar
- or (packed) dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 1/2 cups 1/2-inch cubes peeled redskinned sweet potato (yam; from 1 pound)
- 2 cups baby Yukon Gold or baby Dutch yellow potatoes (about 9 ounces), scrubbed, halved lengthwise, then crosswise
- 2 cups stringless sugar snap peas, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large carrot, peeled, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 6 4 x 2 x 1/2-inch pieces striped bass or halibut fillets
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- , warm
- Fresh basil sprigs and/or arugula (for garnish)
- Lime wedges
- Ingredient info: Kaffir lime leaves are leaves of the kaffir lime tree. They are sold frozen and sometimes fresh at Asian markets. If unavailable, use 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel for each lime leaf. Canned unsweetened coconut milk, fish sauce, and panko are available in the Asian foods section of most supermarkets, at some specialty foods stores, and at Asian markets.
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?