Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Basic Tomato Sauce
- 12 beautifully ripe beefsteak tomatoes (about 5 pounds), washed, cored, and scored; or 10 cups (about 2½ 35-ounce cans) good-quality Italian canned tomatoes-I like San Marzano
- 1 heaping teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 head garlic
- 1¼ cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 packed cup basil leaves, washed, with stems on
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions:View on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 349kcal (17%)|
|Total Fat 34g (53%)|
|Saturated Fat 5g (24%)|
|Cholesterol 0mg (0%)|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|