Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Basic Sourdough Bread
- a heavy-duty mixer with dough hook attachment;
- an 8-inch banneton or small colander lined with a towel;
- a half sheet pan lined with a nonstick liner such as Silpain or parchment;
- a baking stone OR baking sheet
- 1/3 cup (2 3/4 ounces or 75 grams)
- for storing: scant 1/4 cup (1.75 ounces or 50 grams)
- for this bread: 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons (1 scant ounce or 25 grams)
- bread flour: 1 1/3 cups, divided (7 ounces or 200 grams)
- water, at room temperature (70 to 90F): 1/2 cup minus 1 tablespoon, divided (3.5 ounces or 100 grams)
- bread flour: 1 1/4 cups (7 ounce or 200 grams)
- water, at room temperature (70 to 90F): 2/3 liquid cup (5.5 ounces or 154 grams)
- salt: 1 scant teaspsoon (scant 0.25 ounce or 6 grams)
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?