Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Basic Down-Home Hush Puppies
- 1 2/3 cups stone-ground cornmeal, preferably white
- ¼ cup unbleached white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ to 1½ teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (optional, but good)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ medium onion, very finely minced
- Mild vegetable oil, for frying
Directions:View on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 162kcal (8%)|
|Total Fat 12g (18%)|
|Saturated Fat 2g (8%)|
|Cholesterol 87mg (29%)|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g|
|Dietary Fiber 0g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|