Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Banana Layer Cake with Caramel Cream and Pecans
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (generous) fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 small ripe bananas, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1 small ripe banana, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 3/4 cups chilled heavy whipping cream, divided
- 4 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 4 1/2 teaspoons dark rum, divided
- Sea Salt-Roasted Pecans (click for recipe)
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?