Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Baking For Others: Moms Famous Apple PieMoms Apple PieTart Dough
- I suppose in the end, Moms recipe makes what youd call an apple tart. Theres certainly no top crust (thats really not our style), and there arent layers upon layers of apples, which get gluey and soggyalso not our style. In our pie, you get firm, sweet apples and a cookie-like tart dough simply covered in a layer of jam. I have yet to meet someone who didnt love this tart. Best of all, its as suited to be dessert during any of the fall monthsno need to limit it to Thanksgiving. But you should add it to your Thanksgiving menu as soon as you can, whether youre feeding forty people or two.
- From my kitchen, filled with Thanksgiving-y (and not so Thanksgiving-y) desserts, to yours,
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5-6 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon jamstrawberry, raspberry, or apricot preferred
- 1 batch tart dough (recipe follows)
Directions:View on Big Girls Small Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?