Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Baked Gingered Chickpea Stew with Eggplant and Spinach
- 3/4 cup dried chickpeas (2 cups cooked or 1 19 oz can)
- 8 tablespoons ghee or olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- handful of green chillies, to taste, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon asafetida
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lb (450 g) fresh spinach, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- small handful fresh coriander or parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions:View on Lisa's Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?