Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Baked Cottage Soup
- A 4- to 5-quart covered crock or bean pot.
- One 3½- to 4-pound chicken, cut into 8 parts, with neck and all giblets except liver
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 2 large celery stalks, sliced
- 2 cups green split peas, washed and picked over
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 to 10 crushed black peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon dried leaf thyme, or 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 quarts cold water
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 8 small oval slices of French bread, or 1½ cups croutons, browned
Directions:View on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 71kcal (4%)|
|Total Fat 1g (1%)|
|Saturated Fat 0g (1%)|
|Cholesterol 4mg (1%)|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g|
|Dietary Fiber 5g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|