Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Bacon and Fried Green Tomato Pimento Grilled Cheese
- 1 medium sized green tomato, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2-4 strips bacon
- 1/4 cup masa harina (corn flour) or flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- creole seasoning or salt and pepper, to taste
- oil or bacon grease for frying
- 2 strips bacon, cooked
- 1/2 cup pimento cheese (see below)
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound cheddar, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature and creamed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt, pepper and cayenne to taste
Directions:View on Closet Cooking
Why don't we display directions?