Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Authentic, No Shortcuts, Louisiana Red Beans and Rice
- 1 pound dried red beans, soaked overnight
- 10 cups water
- 1 pound andouille sausage, sliced into rounds
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning, or to taste
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 ham hock
- 4 cups cooked rice
Directions:View on All Recipes
Why don't we display directions?
|Serving Size 1/8 of a recipe|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat 22.3g|
|Saturated Fat 7.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 61.5g|
|Dietary Fiber 15.2g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|