Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
- For the sauce
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 4 chestnut mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1/2 courgette, sliced via your preferred method. For textured sauces I half 2mm slices into semi circles.
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Splash of Tabasco (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- (This makes a good standard pasta sauce base and is freezable, so feel free to double the ingredients if you want more to save)
- For the Gratin
- 1 aubergine, cut length ways into 5mm slices
- 1/2 courgette, sliced into 2mm rounds.
- On the side (pick one, all, or none!)
- Warm crusty bread
- Brown rice
- Steamed spinach
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?