Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
As-you-like-it Christmas cake
- 1kg mixed dried fruits (any blend of raisins, sultanas, currants, mixed peel, dried cranberries, glac cherries, chopped dried apricots, dates, dried figs or dried pineapple)
- 150ml sherry , brandy, rum or brewed tea, plus extra for feeding
- zest and juice 2 oranges , 2 lemons or 4 clementines
- 250g pack unsalted butter , softened, plus extra for the tin
- 250g light, soft brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 200g plain flour
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 100g whole or flaked almonds , chopped hazelnuts, walnuts or brazil nuts (optional)
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?