Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Apple and Prune Tart with Vanilla Ice Cream and Cognac
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup solid vegetable shortening, frozen, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons (or more) ice water
- 12 medium pitted prunes
- 1/3 cup Cognac or brandy
- 4 6- to 7-ounce Golden Delicious apples, peeled, quartered, cored, each quarter cut into 3 wedges
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves, heated, strained
- Vanilla ice cream
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?