Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Apple Torte with Breadcrumb-Hazelnut Crust
- 2 pounds Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup hard apple cider or dry white wine
- 8 cups fresh breadcrumbs made from crustless Italian or French bread (finely ground in processor)
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted, husked
- 10 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon (generous) salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Whipped cream
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?