Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Apple Pie with Cheddar Crust
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 pound extra-sharp Cheddar (preferably white), coarsely grated (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup cold vegetable shortening (trans-fat-free), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 to 8 tablespoon ice water
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 pound Gala apples (3 medium)
- 1 1/2 pound Granny Smith apples (3 medium)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cold unsalted butter
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?