Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Apple French Onion Soup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 pounds onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 apple, peeled and julienned
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups beef or vegetable broth
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 splash brandy (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 1/2 inch thick slices of day old bread, toasted
- 1 1/2 cup gruyere or fontina, grated
Directions:View on Closet Cooking
Why don't we display directions?