Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Apple Brown Betty
- 4 to 5 slices white sandwich bread (about 4 ounces total) torn into large pieces
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter melted
- 2 1/2 lbs. Gala apples (about 6) peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed light- or dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon plus more for serving (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Vanilla ice cream for serving (optional)
Directions:View on PBS Food
Why don't we display directions?