Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Ancho Chile Salsa Recipe
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 small garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 dried ancho chiles, seeded and torn into pieces
- 3 dried guajillo or California chiles, seeded and torn into pieces
- 2 Roma tomatoes,
- seeded, and roughly chopped
- 4 large green tomatillos, husks removed, washed, and roughly chopped
- 2 cups water or
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh Mexican oregano, or 1 tablespoon dried (see note)
- Fresh cilantro (12 sprigs), about 1/2 cup, stemmed and chopped
Directions:View on Chow
Why don't we display directions?