Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Alsatian Pizza with Bacon and Caramelized Onions
- 2/3 cup (5 fl oz/160 ml) warm water (105115F/4046C)
- 1 package (2 1/2 teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups (10 oz/315 g) bread flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for oiling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- 8 slices thick-cut applewoodsmoked bacon, cut into strips
- Cornmeal for dusting
- 1/4 lb (125 g) Gruyre cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?