Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Achiote-Seared Shrimp with Quick Habanero-Pickled Onion
- ½ of a small (3½-ounce) package prepared achiote paste (such as Yucateco, La Anita or Marin brand)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (apple cider vinegar works well here)
- 1¼ pounds large shrimp, peeled, leaving tail and final shell segment intact and deveined if you like
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small fresh habanero chile (or other fresh chile), stemmed, seeded and thinly sliced
- A little olive or vegetable oil
- Roughly chopped cilantro or parsley, for garnish
Directions:View on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 195kcal (10%)|
|Total Fat 4g (6%)|
|Saturated Fat 1g (3%)|
|Cholesterol 215mg (72%)|
|Total Carbohydrate 10g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|