Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
A good steak & kidney pie
- 250g plain flour , plus extra for rolling
- 140g cold unsalted butter , roughly cubed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 small egg whisked with 1 tbsp milk, for the egg wash
- 1 ox kidney , about 400g/14oz, get it fresh from your butcher. Pig's and lamb's kidneys aren't suitable as they only need short cooking
- 1kg trimmed British top rump beef
- 250g flat mushrooms , unpeeled but wiped with a damp cloth
- 3 tbsp groundnut or vegetable oil
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1 large onion , peeled and thickly chopped
- 50-85g plain flour , depending on how thick you like your gravy
- 600ml off-the-boil water
- 1 tbsp Marigold Swiss vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 large bay leaf
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?