Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
A Perfect Omelet
- 2 very large or 3 small eggs
- Scant ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper Or dash of Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- One-third cup of any of the following, freshly cooked or reheated, may be added to the omelet just before it is rolled, and any excess spooned over the top before serving:
- Sliced mushrooms, sautéed or creamed
- Creamed chicken or chicken hash
- Creamed dried beef
- Buttered green vegetables, such as pieces of asparagus, broccoli, spinach
- Creamed fish
- Crumbled crisp bacon
- Thin strips of ham, frizzled in butter
- Ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped, and sautéed
- Sautéed lamb kidneys, cut into small pieces
- Croutons of bread, fried in olive oil, with or without garlic
- Sautéed sliced onions
- Grated cheese (2 to 3 tablespoons) should be added just before the eggs are set, so it can melt.
- Herbs, such as finely chopped chives, parsley, and chervil for an omelet fines herbes, or finely chopped watercress should be mixed into the eggs before they are cooked. (Use 1 tablespoon fresh herbs.)
Directions:View on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 262kcal (13%)|
|Total Fat 23g (35%)|
|Saturated Fat 11g (54%)|
|Cholesterol 504mg (168%)|
|Total Carbohydrate 1g|
|Dietary Fiber 0g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|